This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Perform a variety of paralegal functions to assist senior paralegals and attorneys in representing their clients fairly and efficiently, completing casework, documentation and interaction with clients in preparation for and during trial. Under direction, completes substantive legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts. This includes assisting more senior
paralegals in the commencement of action for new cases, the discovery process, pretrial preparation, trial, post-trial and appellate work, settlements and general paralegal responsibilities.
- Bachelor??s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate required
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of paralegal work experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology, experience with medical document review & chronology, exhibit preparation and litigation background highly preferred
- Competency in MS Office 2013 suite & database system(s)
- Federal Court/Trial and claims experience highly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and professional phone demeanor required
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, high pressure environment required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Assist attorney in all phases of discovery, prepares discovery responses and requests to include requests for production, interrogatories and requests for admissions, depositions, docketing, scheduling, fielding client calls, and
frequent written and oral communication with defense and/or co-counsel.
- Finalize and occasionally draft complaints, answers, routine notices, affidavits, motions and petitions.
- Compile and, as requested, analyze reports for attorneys (i.e., detailing cases settled, remaining defendants in groups of cases and/or status of case investigations).
- Organize documents and client database(s) to include coding, indexing and controls numbering and history of documents produced and received.
- Assist in initial client interviews and case investigations.
- Organize files and reviews documents and may prepare summonses.
- Draft pre-trial data, assists in the preparation of trial notebooks, exhibits and legal authorities.
- Arrange and prepare exhibits, depositions/testimony, copies, etc.
- Prepare trial subpoenas and assist in scheduling of witnesses.
- Conduct legal research on case law using WESTLAW and other appropriate law and/or medical libraries, databases, and on-line facilities.
- As directed by senior paralegals and attorneys, summarize trial testimony and drafts bill of costs. Assist on designation of records and compiling briefs.
- Perform general/and or administrative paralegal duties including legal research and specific points of briefing cases.
- Correspond with clients and adversaries. Maintain files, including form files, legal memos and expert??s files.
- Complete special projects as requested.
Very well-known company looking to hire as soon as possible! Apply to this position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.