This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized Paralegal to assist Attorneys in our Stamford, CT office!
As a Paralegal with First American Title Insurance Company you will actively participate in searching for, reviewing and compiling title information. We are looking for someone with outstanding time management and organizational skills.
Here is what you will do:
* Collect and collate legal research and information from a wide variety of sources
* Perform title searches and records real estate documents
* Participate in the research and preparation of contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, real estate and other matters
* Assist attorney(s) in preparation of legal documents
* Assembles and proofs title insurance commitments, title insurance policies and other documents
* Provides other administrative support to legal department
Here s what you will need to be successful:
* Paralegal certification and/or Bachelor s degree preferred
* 3+ years experience as a Paralegal
* 5+ years professional experience with previous title or RE law practice experience preferred
* Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process preferred
* Intermediate research and summation skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to corporations
* Detail oriented
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Outstanding decision making and problem solving skills
* Proficient in MS Office