Paramedic AMR Las Vegas, Sign On Bonus & Moving Allowance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Paramedic Reports To: Field/Operations Supervisor
Department: Operations Location: Las Vegas
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Continuously maintain all required certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
* Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
* Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
* Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
* Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
* Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Ability Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Current state Paramedic License.
* National Registration as a Paramedic
* Possess a valid State Driver's License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, ITLS or PHTLS Provider Certification.
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
American Medical Response (AMR), as a Federal Contractor request priority of services and referrals of protected veterans.
American Medical Response (AMR) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that AMR take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Interested external applicants can go to www.amr.net, click on Careers and then Search Jobs in order to locate the position and apply. Internal candidates must only apply through the company internal portal via SuccessFactors.