Paramedic -AMR of Philadelphia - SIgn On Bonus $2500 for FT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
NOW HIRING PARAMEDICS
FULL TIME & PART TIME POSITIONS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE
COMPETITIVE PAY, GREAT BENEFITS, FLEXIBLE SHIFTS AVAILABLE
$2,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
FOR FULL TIME CANDIDATES
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose of this position are to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance or provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Keep current on certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Must be at least 18 years of age. Possess a valid Driver's License. Current state/national registry Paramedic Certification. Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, BTLS OR PHTLS Provider Certification. Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Some advanced education preferred. Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.