Paramedic - Franklin County, IL 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reports To: Operations Supervisor Location: Abbott EMS - Franklin County, IL
Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced, patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Paramedic training and certification as required by the State or County to which you are assigned.
* Possess a valid State Driver's License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS/ITLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* Successfully pass the Physical Agility Test.
* Pay for experience
* Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, vision, disability
* 401(k) plan with company match (part-time employees may also qualify)
* Bi-weekly accrual of Paid Time Off (PTO) hours - three weeks of PTO within your first year
* Tuition assistance
* Opportunity to transfer to other AMR locations nationwide
Abbott EMS is an EEO/AA Employer
About Abbott EMS:
After 45 years of continuous growth, Abbott EMS, a division of American Medical Response, has become the largest EMS provider in the Midwest with locations in St. Louis, Belleville Illinois, and Franklin County Illinois. We are the leading resource for emergency and non-emergency ground ambulance transportation, serving dozens of communities as well as the area's premier sports teams and large entertainment venues. The commitments we make to our coworkers are backed by our willingness to devote time, energy and financial resources toward education, innovative technology, safety and compliance.
AMR is the leading private medical transportation services company in the nation. With operations in more than 2,100 communities in 40 states our employees serve nearly four million people a year. Visit www.amr.net for more information.
https://evhc.wistia.com/medias/iiakt2dkvh Click to watch a short video on AMR