Paramedic - Iowa Falls, IA 8/20/2016
Iowa Falls, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 75006
Entity: AMR Reports To: Field Supervisor Location: Iowa Falls, IA
Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service, and basic as well as advanced, patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Paramedic training and certification as required by the State or County to which you are assigned.
* Possess a valid State Driver's License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS/ITLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* Successfully pass the Physical Agility Test.
* Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, vision, disability
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Bi-weekly accrual of Paid Time Off (PTO) hours - three weeks of PTO within your first year
* Ability to transfer to other AMR locations nationwide
AMR is an EOE including Veterans and Disabled
About American Medical Response:
AMR is the leading private medical transportation services company in the nation. With operations in more than 2,100 communities in 40 states our employees serve nearly four million people a year. Visit www.amr.net for more information.
https://evhc.wistia.com/medias/iiakt2dkvh Click to watch a short video on AMR