Part -Time Art Teacher (MN Flex School) 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Part -Time Art Teacher (MN Flex School)
Part-Time Art Teacher INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The School Art Teacher is responsible in providing quality art instruction to students in grades 5th to 8th. A highly-qualified state-certified teacher is preferred, but not necessary if able to provide evidence of expertise in the subject area. The teacher is responsible course content in a blended educational environment combining both virtual and traditional instruction. Teachers differentiate instruction that meets students individualized needs, establish appropriate learning plans for each student and teach on-site at the school 5 days per week. They monitor student progress through K12's learning management system and through a student art portfolio. The teacher works actively with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
AS A PART-TIME ART TEACHER, YOU WILL...
* Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program that is consistent with school goals, philosophies and state standards based on assessment of student needs;
* Develop course objectives and lesson plans following curriculum guidelines in accordance with school policy and state requirements;
* Communicate instructional plans and objectives to students and parents including a course description, syllabus, performance expectations and other pertinent information to allow parental monitoring; Review with the Head of Schools as necessary;
* Instruct students in basic subject matter by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations; Provide targeted remediation and enrichment to students based on identified data;
* Assist in analyzing data effectively to better serve student needs;
* Assign lessons, grades assignments, and administer assessments as required;
* Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, emotional, social and learning problems;
* Provide instruction to students with special needs in accordance with Individual Education Plans (IEP s) or state required documents utilizing support services as appropriate; Participate in IEP meetings as appropriate;
* Motivate students using individual and class incentives and reward students with high academic achievement;
* Establish and maintain standards of behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom; support and assist in maintaining specified discipline policy; Escalate behavior incidents appropriately to the Head of School following the school policy;
* Assess student progress; Communicate student progress to parents at each grading period and in case of unsatisfactory work or other instructional issues; meet with students and or parents to discuss progress and problems.
* Establish a strong classroom culture in which it is aligned with the overall school s culture
* Manage the classroom effectively through established classroom rules, procedures, and processes
* Maintain records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepare reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed;
* Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops;
* Participate in school committee work to plan assemblies, school events, school-wide incentives, community service opportunities, etc.
* Assist, depending on schedule, with pre- and post-school duties including club sponsorship; lunch, before, or after school duties, etc. as required.
* Display students art work throughout the building and provide opportunities for the students to showcase their work to community members
Get to know MN Flex!
* Learn more about Flex Academy!
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* THIS POSITION IS SCHOOL-BASED - ALL EMPLOYEES MUST LIVE WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE TO RICHFIELD MN
* Bachelor's degree in art education OR
* One (1) year of experience or more teaching art Certificates and Licenses: Single subject teaching credential in respective course of instruction
* Knowledgeable of classroom procedures which promote appropriate student conduct and motivation for student learning; versed in principles of training and providing work direction
* Strong interpersonal skills emphasizing tact, patience and courtesy; ability to establish a professional, effective rapport with students
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as Internet research methods and report writing techniques; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum
* Able to adapt learning plans to meet different needs and learning styles; create an instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Demonstrates the use of good judgment in decision-making
* Maintains consistent, punctual and regular attendance
* Great organizational and time management skills
* Ability to pass required background check
* Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
* Certified to teach art to students in grades 5th to 8th
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend