Part Time Banquet Backwaiter
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The Banquet Backwaiter sets up, serves and breaks down banquet coffee breaks in safe and efficient compliance with proper food handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
* Set up function according to Banquet Event Orders (BEO) including draping, silverware, napkins, decorations and food & beverages.
* Set up professional, creative, functional and clean arrangements. Ensure cleanliness of linen, silverware and glassware.
* Bring up hotboxes from kitchen to banquet areas in timely manner.
* Greet and serve guests following policies and procedures.
* Assisting in all aspects of service.
* Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
* Complete proper and complete coffee break clearing and break-down.
* Complete assigned sidework and related cleaning duties.
* On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
* Attend department meetings as scheduled.
* Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates
* Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
* Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
* Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
* Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
* Must be able to work nights/weekends/holidays
* TIPS certification or equivilent required
* Past serving/restaurant experience preferred
* Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per shift
* Must be able to push/pull up to 150lbs
* Excellent customer service and communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: