Part Time BevMo Merchandiser 6860
Southern Wine & Spirits - South Bay, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Southern Wine and Spirits of America, Inc. (Southern), is a nationally recognized wine and spirits distributor known for its historic commitment to delivering the highest standards of customer service and creative marketing programs and partnerships. The Company is also known for its best-in-industry professional and well-trained sales, operational and support staff.
As the country’s largest wine and spirits distributor, Southern is nationally recognized by its supplier partners as well as by its customers for its state-of-the-art distribution capabilities as well as its leading-edge information technology. Southern Wine & Spirits has expanded steadily to 35 large, state-of-the-art distribution centers in 30 states.
Since its founding in 1968, Southern Wine & Spirits of America’s record of expansion and growth is unparalleled in the history of the U.S. wine and spirits distribution business. Southern represents approximately 1,500 wine, spirits, beer, and beverage suppliers from around the world, and markets, promotes, merchandises, and distributes nearly 5,000 individual brands.
- Support multiple BevMo locations, unloading product, staging products, and building displays.
- Promote improved distribution, and ensure in-store promotion results.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of spirits and wine products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree and or equivalent related experience such as:
- Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience.
- Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills.
- Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories.
Tuition Reibursement eligibility to apply for program after 1-year of employment.