Part Time- Intern Strategic Sourcing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Expectations
Part Time- Intern Strategic Sourcing
JetBlue is looking for highly motivated individuals with an interest in sourcing/supply chain/finance for an opportunity to work in our Strategic Sourcing team. We have internship opportunities across several different teams, including Technical Operations, Brand/Marketing, Airports, IT, and Source-to-Pay technology/operations. The intern will have the chance to contribute to a wide variety of sourcing/purchasing areas, as well as the development of new supplier management and supplier diversity programs.
* Support a variety of projects related to the sourcing lifecycle, including requests for proposal, market analysis, contract management, source-to-pay technology implementation, etc. Specific project responsibilities will be determined based on business need and intern skillsets.
* Develop materials to support current and future programs (i.e. dashboards, communications, workflows, presentations, etc.)
* Assist with research, data analysis, contract review, and development/execution of departmental programs
* Act as day-to-day support on team s initiatives
* Respond to ad-hoc requests for internal and/or external customers to ensure alignment of programs and initiatives
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Results-oriented, forward-thinking, confident undergraduates and graduates
* Available to work between 16-24 hours per week at our Long Island City location
* Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office
* Strong research, analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
* Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
* Attention to detail in composing and creating reports with the ability to meet stringent deadlines
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* One (1) year of previous administration and/or project management experience
* Interacting daily with people at different levels within the organization, including developing and maintaining ongoing relationships
* Strong Analytical skills including Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Access
* Experience and knowledge of business software (SAP, Ariba, Invoiceworks)
* Providing high-quality customer service in a matrix structure with a commitment to meeting or exceeding expectations
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.