Part-Time Merchandise Handler 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We re looking for dynamic individuals as Part-Time Merchandise Handlers for our Back of House support, including unloading/loading in- and outbound trailers, maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, organizing back of house areas for peak efficiency, and ensuring adequate supplies are on-hand.
* Process incoming stock shipments in a safe and orderly fashion. Maintain stockroom standards for merchandise placement, cleanliness and safety.
* Pack up and load trailer with returning merchandise (returns, rework and doll hospital).
* Maintain stock on the retail sales floor, including special requests from retail partners. Monitor stock levels on an on-going basis and fill in as necessary adhering to visual standards.
* Assist in the general execution of the retail business, including floor moves, equipment maintenance, and working with other store personnel to provide a safe environment for both customers and employees. Perform special projects as requested.
* Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing tasks to meet the needs of the business.
Experience, Education & Skills
* High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
* 6 months to 1 year of experience in retail or service industry, either in material handling, shipping, receiving, retail or warehouse stock handling, preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be friendly, approachable, and willing to offer assistance to a guest in a respectful manner, especially children.
* Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and the classic historical character line BeForever . American Girl s mission is to help build girls of strong character a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys R Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo and Chapters in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer