This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Professional Staffing, NY
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Adecco is working with the top children's education and publishing companies in the nation. Our client is a well-known publishing firm in Soho, NYC is seeking a detailed oriented and analytical Research Assistant for a contract opportunity until April 2017.
The ideal Research Assistant MUST have understand educational/social sciences research and have experience in some form in the classroom as a K-8 educator.
This is a 35/hr per week role, Monday thu Friday and will be paying $17-22/hr. (based on experience).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead assigned research tasks and have APPLIED research experience
- Remain up-to-date on the different types of education research and the supports necessary to implement each type of research
- Identify key researchers and consultants in specialized education fields
- Review literature for best practices in literacy teaching and learning
- Recommend methods and research designs for projects
- Contribute to the drafting, editing, and designing of research studies
- Assist in preparing for and executing the logistics in running a research study
- Build relationships with research partners/teachers/administrators participating in our research studies
- Participate in research trainings on products and/or the use of various data collection instruments
- Make travel and schedule arrangements for research activities
- Observe in formal or informal educational settings for research and obtain necessary security clearance to observe in said settings
- Maintain and organize research documents; prepare, compile, clean, and enter research data
- Navigate IRB systems and paperwork
- MUST have understand educational/social sciences research and have experience in some form in the classroom as a K-8 educator.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years related experience in education research or school based data/accountability systems, working as an assistant in a research lab, and/or teaching in early childhood or elementary classrooms preferred
- Experience navigating IRB/school accountability systems preferred
- Experience observing classrooms, developing/using research instruments, and conducting assessments a plus
- Strong proficiency using computer software such as Microsoft Office; experience using SPSS a plus
- Ability to organize and manage heavy data entry in a time sensitive, high volume, and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task; and work independently and within a team
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and able to creatively adapt to changing job responsibilities
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to this posting.
Good luck applicants!