Part Time Production Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription WHBQ, COX MEDIA GROUP MEMPHIS, has a great opportunity for a PART-TIME PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/OPERATOR. When the news is happening, we are at work, so you ll need to be prepared to work contributing to our broadcast and digital platforms.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
* Operates the studio cameras during live news broadcasts.
* Controls teleprompter.
* Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
* Maintains studio lighting.
* Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Operates the audio console during live news broadcasts.
* Operates video and graphics machines for newscasts.
* Operates audio console during the recording of station produced local programming.
* Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned.
* Degree or working toward a degree in broadcast communications or related field is preferred.
* Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment.
* Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions.
* Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts.
* Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots.
* Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
* Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls.
* Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement.
* Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, props.
* Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality.
* Good hearing to receive director commands.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Job Level:Individual Contributor