Part-Time Restaurant Server
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The candidate will provide assistance and services to guests entering the restaurant and bar.The candidate will deliver prompt courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
* Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service.
* Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
* Take orders and answer questions/offer suggestions on menu selections.
* Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests.
* Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
* Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverage.
* Present accurate check to guest and process payment.
* Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
* Clean and set up tables.
* Complete closing duties.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Minimum 1 year serving experience required.
* Restaurant serving and bartending experience highly preferred.
* Prior serving and cash handling experience preferred.
* Must be able to multi task.
* Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
* Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
* Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must have alcohol training certification (TABC/TIPS).
* Must have Food Handler permit (where applicable).
* Candidate must have Louisiana Vendor Permit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: