Part Time Student Worker - Enterprise Data & Strategic Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
The purpose of the Student Worker role is to support programs out of Advanced Analytics & Business Insights (AA&BI) related to machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science and advanced analytical research. As a member of the AA&BI team, this role supports the orchestration and execution of advanced analytical and intelligence activities that drive better decision making, increase competitiveness and identify new opportunities.
AA&BI spans many related advanced analytic disciplines from statistical analysis techniques and machine learning, to pattern discovery and trends analysis, all the way to cognitive services and artificial intelligence. The Student Worker is an integral member of the Mylan Enterprise Data & Strategic Analytics team which leads Mylans effort to Use Information as a Strategic Tool. This will be done by generating advance analytics solutions and insights and establish strategies for business application and use for executive and functional leaders
Advanced Analytics & Business Insights
* Support initiatives in the Advanced Analytics & Business Insights team related to machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science and advanced analytical research, as well as, additional needs in the Corporate Strategy Office and Enterprise Data & Strategic groups.
* Works closely with the cross functional business / end user teams to help identify advanced analytical needs / requirements and supports team in delivering advanced analytics insights.
* Supports development in advance analytics solutions, research and insights in support of core business functions, Franchises, and Digital & Digital Innovation teams.
* Supports the Data Solutions & Informatics team in data hoarding and data lakes management / execution.
* Works closely with the Visualization & Self Service Hub team to apply visualization techniques to create advanced visualization from complex data.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
Must possess knowledge and/or skills in any one or more of the following areas:
* Must have foundational knowledge in areas of statistics, computer science, data mining and/or machine learning
* Hands on experience with programming language such as R, Python, Scala, Java etc.
* Awareness of driving theory, application and development of computing tools to solve problems and create hypotheses in areas of advanced analytical research
* Entry level experience with data visualization of complex data sets such as d3js and Tableau
* The successful candidate must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in a business, science, health science, math, engineering or computer / information technology degree program, or a related field of study. A minimum 3.3 GPA is strongly preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Aug 15, 2016, 1:57:48 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.