Part Time Teller (20 hours) - Sylvania
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPart Time Teller (20 hours) - Sylvania
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF): The Teller reports to the Branch Manager or to the Operations Leader (Teller Float) and is the initial contact for clients. The Teller is a critical position within the branch and an important member of the branch team. The Teller assists new and existing clients of the Bank with account transactions and uncovers sales opportunities. In addition, he/she acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues. The Teller is an extension of the sales team and through conversations with the clients uncovers financial needs, communicates product/promotional opportunities and refers clients to the branch relationship management team. Key's application process for this teller position requires that you complete our Virtual Job Tryout (R), which is an interactive experience via the Internet that takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes to complete. When applying, please provide a valid email address on the application so that Key may send an email with a link to you for completion of the VJT.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The role of the Teller is to be welcoming, build rapport and provide outstanding service to the Bank clients while performing account transactions. The Teller is responsible for performing accurate account transactions and functions which mirror the sales process (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in their daily work to create a positive client experience. This includes:
- Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions.
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures.
- Act as a resource to identify and resolve client servicing issues.
- Meet individual established referral production goals.
Build Client Rapport
- Provide excellent customer service to all KeyBank clients.
- Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known.
- Accurately process all financial service transactions.
- Participate in client appreciation events.
- Take ownership of client issues when possible, with the assistance of the branch management.
- Make product suggestions based on the client's needs and refer to a member of the branch team.
- Help create and establish a business relationship between the Personal Banker and the client.
- Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings for product suggestions.
- Provide answers and assistance for client questions/concerns, utilizing resources within the branch.
- Coordinate time between Personal Banker and client for business meetings as necessary.
Fulfill Client Needs
- Continue to build the client relationship by viewing client accounts when performing transactions and identifying potential product needs.
- Participate in post/debrief meetings with the branch team involving clients from the day to better understand specific client needs.
- Maintain relationships with Personal Bankers and Branch Managers and notify them of client sales opportunities.
- Debrief with the sales team member when a sale was based on a referral made by the Teller.
- Ensure more complex sales activities/opportunities are handed off to the Personal Banker.
- Ensure compliance with security and audit procedures.
- Involvement in the sales building process and assist on platform as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent business experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of PC with Windows based applications and calculator.
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged Standing (5- 8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Float Teller - In addition to all Teller requirements, the Float Teller must have the ability to work at multiple branch locations.
Preferred Qualifications (Teller & Float Teller)
- Cash handling experience.
- Sales experience with established goals.
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 12-state network of over 1,000 branches, 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
Key traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $95.1 billion. Key (NYSE: KEY) provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals, small and medium-sized business under the name KeyBank National Association. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program