Part Time Terminal Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
* The Part Time Terminal Operator safely operates all equipment at the location used to load and unload rail cars, boats and/or trucks, ensuring order accuracy and expeditious processing of requests. This position will offer aprox 8-10 hours a week.
* Maintain grounds, offices, warehouse, yard, etc.
* Carry out tasks related to loading/unloading material, both bulk and bagged, for rail, waterway, and road methods of transportation, as appropriate for the specific location.
* Operate and conduct general maintenance on mobile equipment and assist with general mechanical maintenance.
* Sample product from trucks and barges following company policies.
* Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment.
* Perform clerical functions following the established guidelines for the recording of receipts, shipments and inventory records.
* Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Terminal Operators need the ability to communicate with Terminal Managers, customers, sales personnel, trucking firms and suppliers.
* Education: High School diploma/GED
* Work Experience: 1-3 years
* Must be able to complete paperwork
* Candidates with a mechanical background and welding experience are desirable
* Autonomous, meticulous, good judgment
* Courteous with customers
* Knows and applies safe working practices
* Attestation on any kind of training an asset
* Knowledge of cement, the construction industry and integrated computer systems an asset
* Position will work 8-10 hours a week.
* Good communication skills
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
LafargeHolcim North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates who complete the entire application and attach resume will be considered further in the process.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: