Part-time Access Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care and counseling in San Diego County. The Elizabeth Hospice is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 37-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as the respected hospice and palliative care leader in the region.
JOB DUTIES/KNOWLEDGE/JOB PERFORMANCE:
1. * Maintains professional relationships with referral sources (hospitals, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, RCFEs, physician associations and independent medical clinics/offices) and meets the needs of every customer.
2. * Exhibits "patients and families first" attitude.
3. * Able to take control of inquiries and get through barriers that prevent an admission.
4. Collaborates with the Admissions Supervisor to provide seamless approach to hospital admissions.
5. * Problem-solve customer complaints and diffuse tension. Will make sure the department supervisors know about all customer complaints.
6. * Document all inquiries in patient database by the end of every work day.
7. * Schedule all care plan visits and record in scheduler.
8. * Assume primary responsibility for communicating to potential patients and families the benefits of hospice.
9. Follow process for verification of initial payer sources.
10. * Follow up on pending inquiries.
11. Portray self confidence with the agency s reputation and translates this image into a trusting relationship both with patients/families and customers.
12. Assist with implementation and coordination of services for patients discharging from facility to begin service with TEH.
13. May conduct Registration visits in the hospital, facility or Patient s residence to clarify patient/family needs and concerns, explains how hospice would address those needs and concerns, obtains consents and completes other initial paperwork.
14. Other job duties as assigned.
Work days: Thursday and Saturday
Work hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
Required to work one of the following holidays based on agency needs: Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year\'s Day.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum experience of 1-2 years in healthcare related field
2. Excellent customer service skills. Spanish-speaking desirable.
3. Ability to answer phones, maintains patient referral records, and schedule appointments.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in use of Word, Excel, hospice database and other Office Programs.
5. Spanish speaking may be preferred or required.
6. Current California driver s license and proof of insurance preferred.
**The hours and work days for this position are: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8am-5pm (total of 3 8-hour shifts p/week).
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.