Part-time EMT - Akron, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 85858
AMR of Ohio currently has openings for Part-time Emergency Medical Technicians and seeks candidates with strong clinical skills who can deliver high quality and compassionate patient care in a professional and caring manner.
We need people just like you. At American Medical Response we believe our team members are our strongest asset. Our ability to provide superior patient care, great customer service and to keep our company growing depends on the continued professional development of our world-class workforce.
As the nation's largest private provider of medical transportation services, AMR offers opportunities for growth and advancement in a variety of career paths. Our focus is clear, as stated in our company's values: Patient Focused, Customer Centered, and Caregiver Inspired. We strive to embrace these values on every call we respond to, in every community we work in, and on every day of the year.
With a Career at AMR, YOU can make a difference!
Part-time EMTs are required to work a minimum of 24 hours every pay period (two weeks).
Qualified Candidates must have the following certifications to apply:
* Valid Driver's License
* State of Ohio EMT Certification
Interested external applicants can go to www.amr.net, click on Careers and then Search Jobs in order to locate the position and apply. Internal candidates must only apply through the company internal portal via SuccessFactors
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
* Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
* Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call.
* Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
* Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic, Supervisor, or Operations.
* Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
* Attends all mandatory in-services.
* Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
* Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment as applicable to system or operations which assigned
* Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered
* Adheres to medical treatment protocol
* Uses / operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
* Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
* Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
* Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
* Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
* Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Adhere to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
* State Drivers License
* Driving record in compliance with AMR safety and driving record
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.