Part time Midnights Radiology Technologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Part time Midnights Radiology Technologist
Job Location Name
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic radiological exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment. Verifies patient identity and reviews patient s medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure. Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators. Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up. Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script. Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist. Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate. Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients. Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction. Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
1. Maintains licensure/certification/registration in both modality and subspecialty as applicable as well as health care provider BLS.
2. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and Code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities.
3. Complies with approved policies, procedures, guidelines and standards as established by the DMC and its associated facilities.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
5. Completes mandatory education and training as defined by the DMC and the specific employer-facility.
6. Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with established policies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly
stocked with linen and supplies.
2. Adheres to department exam protocols.
3. Ensures STAT requests are relayed to the radiologist in a timely manner.
4. Uses universal precautions at all times.
5. Attends staff meetings/reviews e-mails daily for updates communication.
6. Maintains competency in all assigned areas including fluoroscopic, general diagnostic, orthopedic, and operating room procedures. Must also maintain competency in IV starts where directed by the department.
1. Graduated from an accredited program or associates in radiologic technology.
2. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography (R).
3. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to determine the most age appropriate method of providing requested radiographs specific to patient s physical ability and/or limitations.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal effectively with and instruct patients who may be under physical/emotional stress; ability to comprehend and follow physicians verbal and written request and prescriptions; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse atmosphere with a variety of hospital personnel and/or patients.
3. Technical knowledge necessary to operate equipment including but not limited to all specialized equipment and computers.
4. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities.
5. Knowledge and understanding of American College of Radiology requirements for accreditation.
6. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Physical ability to stand, bend, push, pull, reach and lift in order to provide patient care.
7. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate and utilize all types of x-ray equipment and supplies in order to produce radiographs of acceptable diagnostic quality.
Varies Also every other weekend
At Detroit Medical Center (DMC), we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this web site, please contact the DMC facility where the position is available, for further assistance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual disability.