Part-time Traffic Reporter
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PART-TIME TRAFFIC REPORTER
Requisition ID: 29034BR
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Position Type: Part Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
This position will be part of the on-air morning news team of News 12 Connecticut. They will be responsible for gathering traffic incident information, and creating accurate, informative, visually interesting and well-presented traffic reports. They will produce and present on-camera traffic reports with a clean, smooth delivery and an easy to understand and logically ordered presentation in a manner that is clear, relevant and meaningful to viewers of News 12 Connecticut. They must present traffic information across all platforms in a way that connects with viewers.
* Minimum of one year on-air news or traffic incident reporting required.
* Must have knowledge of the roadways in the tri-state area.
* Highly effective on-air performance.
* Exceptional news judgment.
* Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management.
* Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
* Extensive knowledge of news production techniques and demonstrated ability to develop engaging presentation.
* Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
* Developed anchoring or other specialized skills to enhance newsroom operation.
* Flexibility to work any assigned shift.
* Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace..