Partner, Supply Chain
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
The Advisory Board Company
Partner, Supply Chain
Sales, Marketing & Account Management (Non-Associate)
Share | |Email this job
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Our members have come to us looking for more: an enterprise-level strategic partner to help them navigate the industry s most transformational moment. They want one broad, deep, integrated source of support across their increasingly complex and interconnected challenges. Our Partners are deep experts in a single solutions area. Within the Supply Chain terrain, they serve the CFO, CMO, and materials management leadership by partnering with member organizations to develop a differentiated value proposition and sustainable market position. By tailoring our capabilities across research, technology, and consulting, our Partners help member organizations optimize cost strategy, achieve ambitious organizational quality objectives, and deliver outsized outcomes.
Partners drive $10MM+ revenue streams through both new and existing accounts by creating and maintaining peer-to-peer relationships with member executives. They are thought leaders in their fields and have developed deep subject matter expertise which enables them to quickly diagnose member need, scope an integrated solution, and help direct and oversee member service and delivery. Partners work in close concert with member relationship experts (National and Strategic Accounts), and are supported by a team of new business development and delivery experts who are focused on a common goal, delivering surplus value and growing total contract value at member organizations.
- Build and manage a $10MM+ revenue stream through the sales of integrated solutions to both current and new members
- Pursue and cultivate trusted advisor relationships with CXO, VP, and Director-level leaders at member organizations with the aim of transforming current members into long-term strategic relationships
- Diagnose member need and scope a solution that draws on the full breadth of Advisory Board capabilities across the growth terrain (e.g., physician referral management, consumer engagement and marketing, consumer relationship management, patient financial experience, etc.)
- Coordinate with a team of member relationship experts (National and Strategic Accounts) to create and execute a sophisticated strategic territory plan guided by long-term contract value growth
- Oversee, educate, and motivate a team of business development and delivery experts around best-in-class approaches to sell and deliver to member executives in the strategy and growth terrain as well as oversee common sales and ROI goals and metrics
- Ensure value delivery and consulting teams are achieving outcomes that are delivering the desired results; troubleshoot problems and manage member expectations
- Lead the long-term expansion of the terrain through market sensing and analysis and developing a deep understanding of industry trends
- Actively contribute to and drive forward the product roadmap, helping to perfect and refine current offerings and test new offerings in the market
- Serve as a subject matter expert internally and externally
METRICS FOR SUCCESS:
- Contract value growth
- New sales and with an emphasis on multi-year new booked business (NBB)
- Member ROI (specifically quantifiable realized financial impact)
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in health care or other large organization supply chain category management, including direct experience engaging stakeholders in sourcing, compliance, and utilization
- Must possess a minimum of ten years of progressive business development, consulting, value delivery experience, and/or research experience
- Experience meeting and exceeding revenue based goals and driving large, complex deals
- Deep understanding of the health care industry and specific subject matter expertise in helping hospitals and health systems understand and optimize growth opportunities
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; the ability to manage meetings and member interactions to desired outcomes
- Strong executive gravitas and the ability to develop credibility and rapport with C-level executives
- Experience successfully leading, managing, and influencing in a highly matrix environment
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 70% of the time
- Valid Driver s License
- Master s degree in health care administration, business, or related discipline from an accredited college/university
- A progressive track record of success at a major professional services firm
- Ability to develop new relationships and nurture existing relationships that lead to enterprise-wide change
- Ability to develop consensus and mobilize a team to action and results
- Ability to quickly master internal organizational structures, understand the key stakeholders, and manage to outcomes that put the member first
- Ability to approach problems in new and flexible ways in order to distill complex business issues into actionable recommendations and plans
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving abilities
- Proven thought leadership, including production, syndication, and publication of knowledge that shapes the health care industry s thinking
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community