Partnership Tax Consultant CPA 8/9/2016
Great Neck, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR PARTNERSHIP TAX CONSULTANT, CPA
FUND / PARTNERSHIP ACCOUNTING
GREAT NECK, LONG ISLAND, NY
Superior Opportunity for an experienced SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT to consult for top Accounting team performing tax and partnership accounting. For over 30 years, First Sterling has been a recognized leader in affordable housing investments and has a national multi-family real estate portfolio spanning 45 states and over 700 properties. An immediate opening is available for CONSULTING ASSIGNMENTS at our Great Neck office. Work alongside our seasoned staff of real estate, accounting and tax professionals in a dynamic corporate environment. Flexible hours/days available.
* Prepare or coordinate the preparation of partnership tax returns and file returns on a timely basis, including year-end entries for the partnerships and allocation of income/loss to partners
* Prepare corporate partnership schedules and work papers
* Review consolidated fund tax returns and financial statements
* Oversee the distribution of financial statements and tax returns to investors
* Maintain actual tax credit and loss databases
* Update tax credit and loss projections
QUALIFICATIONS FOR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL INCLUDE:
* Public/Private tax accounting experience/CPA required
* Partnership/tax/real estate accounting experience a +
* Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, tax computer programs and Microsoft office
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or economics with a minimum GPA of 3.5; MBA preferred
First Sterling offers competitive rates and flexible hours/schedule in a newly renovated office within walking distance of the Great Neck train station. Ample parking is available.
For more information, please visit www.firststerling.com.
Job Type: Contract
* Great Neck, NY
* Bachelor's degree, CPA preferred