Partnership Tax Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Tax Experienced Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
* Tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture, and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns
* Manage, direct and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements.
* Interact closely with assigned tax clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients while managing the client assignments to budget.
* Plan, execute, direct and complete assigned client tax projects in a wide variety of industries, including private equity.
* Conduct primary and secondary review of partnership income tax returns.
* Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements and manage the client's Internal Revenue
* Code (IRC) 704b accounts.
* Have a proficient working understanding of Subchapter K - Partnership taxation.
* Direct and monitor the state tax compliance and composite filing activities.
* Manage, develop, train and mentor assigned tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for both engagement and year-end performance reviews.
* Work closely with tax partners and other tax staff on client management, practice development and business development activities.
* Maintain active communication with clients to manage their expectations, ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met and lead change efforts effectively.
* Consult, work with and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvements, and serve as a business advisor to client.
Required Skills and Experience:
* A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or in a business-related field
* is required.
* An active CPA license or an enrolled agent designation is required.
* 7 or more years of current federal tax consulting and/or tax compliance work experience in either a public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required.
* Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, state tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns, is required.
* Experience with partnership structuring, entity formation and mergers & acquisitions is preferred.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships, is expected.
* Strong leadership, business development, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, are preferred.
* Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
* Advanced tax software experience, including knowledge of various tax software packages and technologies, is required.
* Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites as required, is expected.