This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understands, reads and executes the production schedule.
* Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates activities at the proof box, prep station and oven.
* Ensures topping, glazing and fruit and nuts are placed uniformly on product
* Continually monitors products that have been given their final shaping for product specifications, including length, height, volume and topping of products.
* Continually communicates with pastry line operators to maintain correct proofing temperature, time and humidity based on the recipe PLC of the proofing program and to address challenges encountered with quality, mechanical or process efficiency and effectiveness.
* Sets bake program, including bake time, oven speed, oven dwell time, temperature and humidity, for the products based on the recipes in the PLC, according to the product specifications
* Continually monitors bake texture, color and product quality of products while exiting oven to ensure they meet specifications.
* Accurately records information on production documents, including but not limited to oven control setting and spoil sheets in a timely fashion and places completed documents in their designated place.
* Report mal-functioning equipment to supervisor.
* Comprehends and adheres to operational and safety features of oven and proofers.
* Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping equipment, tools, containers and dollies; sweeping and mopping floors and trash removal.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Completes projects on time and on budget.
Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Meets commitments.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; remains open to others' ideas and tries new ideas; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred but not required; High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years of related bakery or food manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as production schedules, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.