Pastry Cook 1 9/2/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications.
* Control quality and consistency of all food served.
* Ensure functions are completed 30 minutes prior to service.
* Understand and maintain all standard recipes.
* Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
* Responsible for production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities.
* Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
* Assists in producing and plating Banquet pastries.
* Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for pastry needs
* Prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
* Produce creative and artistic food work.
* Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
* Work cohesively with entire culinary staff as part of a team.
* Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
* Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
* Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
* To be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
* Baking and Pastry Program Graduate.
* Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
* Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 70 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: