This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assigns work stations and duties for pastry department.
* Oversees proper mixing, forming, depositing, glazing and topping techniques are in compliance with product standards
* Maintains quality assurance for each product produced.
* Verifies the count accuracy of pieces produced in relation to the pieces ordered.
* Communicates everyday with the shift supervisor regarding scheduling of pastry for that shift. Runs the shift lean, makes cost effective decisions
* Thaws frozen product according to desired volume and texture. Uses FIFO method when pulling from frozen brought in inventory
* Understands Pastry report, produces time sensitive production first, maximizes production schedule for efficiency
* Oversees housekeeping of the pastry area, actively involved in safety training. Follows and enforces company GMPs policies
* May perform other duties as required.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills / Abilities / Requirements:
Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Work cooperatively with subordinates.
Basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
Traditional and classical bread shapes, dough cutters and knives.
Applications and operation of equipment and machines used in the shaping process.
Housekeeping / Safety:
Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep the area clean, organized and safe. These includes but are not limited to: (a) wiping and washing equipment, tools, and containers, tables and dollies; (b) sweeping, mopping of floors; and (c) trash removal.
The following physical activities are performed on a regular or continuous basis throughout the time an employee is working.
Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 10-50 pounds of dough with the aid of co-workers.
Pushing / Pulling
With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push / pull proofing racks with product, containers on wheels from 10 to 50 pounds approximately 15 to 20 feet.
Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to shape dough and handle cutting tools.
Exposure to Temperature Changes
This occurs frequently when retrieving product from the walk in cooler.
Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills due to the operation of dividers, divider rounder, bread molders and cutting tools. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting and distributing tools to staff member and communicating to co-workers information for that shift.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED desired.
Previous experience in a baking environment preferred.
Typical Work Schedule: 3:30AM- 11:30AM
Los Angeles, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.