Patent Classifiers 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCenturia Corporation is seeking a PATENT CLASSIFIER to review Patent Applications received from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in the general fields of computer architecture, databases, cryptography, and control systems.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is seeking a team driven environment, but also is a strong, independent worker. This is an ideal job for a candidate who would like to make significant contributions to the patent industry while working in the beautiful surroundings of the Shenandoah Valley in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
The patent classifier will be expected to determine appropriate application classifications in accordance with the US Patent Classification and International Patent Classification systems through technical knowledge, research and automated tools.
REQUIRED SKILLS (3 DIFFERENT OPENINGS):
* APPLIED CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY - Organic chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical compositions, microbiology, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, catalysts, polymers, coating materials.
* CIVIL ENGINEERING - mechanical and civil engineering with an emphasis on land transport vehicles, mechanical power transmission systems, brakes, clutches, wheels, bearings, lubrication; and civil engineering areas such as building structures, bridges, road construction, earth engineering, oil and gas well drilling. Additional areas for consideration are: firearms, weapons, material handling and racking systems.
* MECHANICAL ENGINEERING including various types of propulsion systems including internal combustion, gas and steam turbine engines, associated control and power transmission systems; fluid pumps; valves; fluid handling; heating and refrigeration systems.
* A bachelor's degree in a technical field or field relating to specific background (ie, Chemistry, Nursing, Engineering..etc), or at least 3years technical experience in a related field.
* Demonstrated experience working on teams within a technical field.
* Ability to multitask, think on the go and adapt to changing situations.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to use automated systems to perform research and classification operations.
* Demonstrated experience performing research.
* Ability to function in a production-based environment, including operating efficiently, accurately and at a significant pace.
* Motivated to exceed the contractual productivity and quality targets.
* Ability to work independently without need of excessive supervision.
* Ability to work on a computer workstation 8 hours per day.
* Master the patent classification process and to perform complex processing operations.
* Classify applications related to specific technologies within TechCenter 2600.
* Participate in training programs to expand knowledge and expertise into new technologies.
* Work closely with others in a team environment.
* Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a United States citizen due to contractrequirements.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Centuria Corporation is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.
Due to security requirements on this program, US Citizenship is required