Pathologist - AMP - South Florida
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Pompano Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Pathologist for our Pompano Beach Location.
AmeriPath, Inc. A Quest Diagnostics Subsidiary is the nation's largest physician and Laboratory Company focused on providing anatomic pathology, cancer diagnostic and healthcare information services to physicians, hospitals, national clinical laboratories and managed care organizations. The company presently operates in 24 states and provides medical services through outpatient pathology laboratories, hospital inpatient laboratories and outpatient surgery centers.
Does working for the leader in the Health Services industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking* AmeriPath invests in your personal and professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current in your field. The culture is truly collaborative. Everyone's input is valued. You'll get the chance to work with bright, highly motivated people.
Quest Diagnostics/AmeriPath is seeking a board certified AP/CP Pathologist for South East Florida. This position will be based in Pompano Beach, Florida.
As a Pathologist and member of the team you will assist with the relationships between Medical Staff and laboratory. Develops and implements sound policies to improve performance, methods, and quality of medical services provided by the practice. Guides and leads technical staff in accomplishing those goals.
* Develops and establishes measures to improve the quality of medical services provided by the practice
* Suggests changes in working conditions and develops and establishes measures to improve efficiency and performance of medical services
* Strives to make the practice a model of efficiency, quality, safety, and service
* Fulfill the responsibilities as listed in CLIA 88 (42 C.F.R. 493.1495). Additional responsibilities may be defined by applicable laws and regulations.
* Perform review of anatomic pathology patient samples and quality control and assurance documents
* Participate in departmental professional Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities, e.g. Pathology Quality Assessment and Improvement Program.
* Provide professional anatomic pathology diagnostic services including fine needle aspiration.
* Interpretation of tissue biopsies resections, frozen sections, cytologic preparations, and autopsy pro-section.
* Comply with continuing medical education requirements for licensure and privilege status.
* Provide clinical lab consultation services to physicians and lab technologists as needed
* Interact with ordering physicians who request to speak with a pathologist.
* Must be board certified AP/CP with experience in hospital based pathology
* Strong customer focus and understanding of laboratory operations
* Ability to communicate with high level decision makers in the organization
* Personal adaptability and ability to lead change.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS
* Required: Medical Degree
* Required: Certified in Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
* Required: Must hold valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in practice location or be eligible to obtain licensure
* Desired: Subspecialty training and/or fellowship.
AmeriPath, Inc. offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes paid time off, Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Life and AD&D, STD, LTD, Supplemental Benefits and 401(k) with company contribution.
AmeriPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug and Tobacco free work environment
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).