Patient Access Apprentice-MH - Access Pre-Service
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
* Summary of Position Description
The first level of a three level career path. Schedules, Pre-Registers, Registers and admits patients to the hospital. Serves as the first contact for many patients. Must convey a caring and professional attitude for all patients and visitors. Determines insurance coverage, eligibility and performs required pre-authorization procedures. Maintains patient care unit control for all bedded units. Provides comprehensive financial counseling and assistance. Establishes and monitors each patient s account prior to their visit, during inpatient stays, and up to 5 days post discharge. Ensures the accuracy of the patient s unique identification number and the demographic and financial information use to create an electronic bill.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Education. High school graduate or GED.
* Experience in the health industry is preferred. Customer service in a clinical setting is preferred. And able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Keyboard and data entry skills required. Computer experience is required with Microsoft Word, e-mail, and internet communication, as well as the ability to work effectively with electronic work quality monitoring and electronic systems.
* Ability to deal effectively with verbally offensive and/or distressed patients and their families.
* Requires the employee to have experience with or the capability to be trained to a high degree of in analytical and complex problem solving.
* Mathematical skills sufficient to calculate financial formulas to support applications for Free Care eligibility.
* Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively, cordially and compassionately with a diverse group of patients, physicians, other staff personnel as well as outside hospitals, agencies and the general public. These skills must include the capacity to be sensitive to the individual problems of each patient in obtaining patient information while maintaining a high level of accuracy, solving complex patient placement and payment problems.
* Must have strong customer service skills with the sensitivity and intuition to detect hidden stresses of problems with the ability to be resourceful and creative in their resolution. Must maintain a high energy and positive outlook, as well as a calm an impartial response in dealing with a wide variety of complains, personalities, levels of stress, complicated situations, illness and urgent demands.
* Ability to learn how to accurately identify the correct insurance payor out of the constantly changing insurance products, each with potentially multiple and differing contracts applies to the patient being registered.
Patient Access Apprentice-MH Access Pre-Service