Patient Access Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Highlands Behavioral Health
PATIENT ACCESS COORDINATOR - SATURDAY - WEDNESDAY
10:30PM - 7:00AM
Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed
freestanding behavioral health hospital offering
psychiatric care for adults, children age (11) and
adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the
facility is easily accessible to families throughout the
Front Range and just minutes from surrounding
The Patient Access Coordinator (PAC) is primarily
responsible for answering and appropriately managing
incoming telephone calls; scheduling patient
assessments/appointments; creating and updating patient
pre-registrations including verification of benefits and
financial counseling; setting certain expectations for
patients regarding their services, reviewing transfers,
and responding to customers' information needs.
Additionally, the PAC is responsible for performing
various administrative and clerical duties required to
support these functions and, on an as-needed basis, may
be required to perform other tasks.
1. Responds to telephone and/or walk-in requests for
2. Assesses new transfer request to determine if
appropriate for admission.
3. Manages all incoming referrals to ensure they are
being reviewed and assessed in timely manner.
4. Coordinates between the units and intake on all
necessary paperwork and information.
5. Maintains daily log of all incoming and pending
Intake calls and Assessments.
6. Maintains a good working relationship and ongoing
communication with referral sources.
7. Completes the vitals, paperwork, labels, pictures,
and admission forms of patients.
8. Collaborates with hospital personnel and medical
staff to ensure optimal patient care.
9. Assists with getting clients onto the units and
transitioned from intake to the units as needed.
10. Promotes a positive working environment and guest
11. Promotes safety by attending mandatory inservices
and complies with all safety measures initiated by the
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the
nation's largest and most respected health care
management companies, operating through its subsidiaries
acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and
ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS
subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The
UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health
care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a
strong franchise based on exceptional service and
effective cost control. Our success comes from a
responsive management style and a service philosophy
based on integrity, competence and compassion.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms
to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any
form and/or method without a valid written search
agreement in place for this position will be deemed the
sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event
the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the
referral or through other means.
At least two years working experience in a hospital or
Dr. Office setting helpful. Strong background in
customer service. Bachelors Degree in Human Services or
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Requires superior verbal and written
communication skills, and the ability to function in a
caring and empathetic manner with clients and their
families. Diplomacy and tact is required in all
interactions including dealing with members of the
Medical and Hospital staff.
1) Must have excellent written and verbal communication
2) Must have a general knowledge of patient care and
basic clinical skills.
3) Must have strong computer skills and ability to
interact with all types of customers.
4) Must be able to perform assignments with minimal
5) Must be able to perform concentrated and/or complex
mental activity with frequent involvement in complex
and/or highly technical situations;
6) Must be able to work successfully under highly
7) Must be able to make sound, independent judgments
based on scientific and/or ethical principles;
8) Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and
written instructions and procedures;
9) Must be able to collaborate with other
multidisciplinary team members in an appropriate
10) Must be capable of adapting to varying workloads an
work assignments on a constant basis;
11) Must have effective comprehensive reading skills,
strong communication skills, written and verbal.