Patient Access Representative - PRN - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 5/25/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
East Norriton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Accurately and promptly collecting all pertinent information at the initial point of registration to ensure the proper billing process occurs which will enhance timely cash flow and reduce the days in accounts receivable
* Keeping supervisor abreast of any backlog
* Assisting with the orientation & training plan for new employees
* Coordinating communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies
* Interviewing patients or their representatives to obtain pertinent information to register the patient for the service
* Maintaining knowledge of network services and resources available to patients
* Handling patient inquiries or complaints or send to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution
* Explaining policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge
* Reading current literature, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field
* Analyzing patients' abilities to pay to determine charges
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Extensive knowledge of radiology required
* Previous health care related experience required
* Experienced in multiple registration areas preferred
* Proficient in Medical terminology, HCPC, ICD codes, insurance guidelines, Medicare Rules and regulations, Medical Necessity required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.