Patient Account Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLincare is a dynamic, growing company with over 1,000 locations in 48 states. Lincare employs over 14,000 people who share our corporate vision for quality care and excellent service. Lincare offers competitive compensation and benefits.
At Lincare we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer. We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our national footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the US and Canada.
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
* Contact payers for claims status, follow-up denials, or partial payments
* Obtain payer requirements for timely adjudication of claims
* File claims with appropriate documentation attached
* Pursue, maintain, and communicate payor coverage/guideline changes/updates
* Process all incoming and outgoing correspondence as assigned
* Verify, adjust, and update Accounts Receivable (A/R) according to correspondence received from insurance company
* Help facilitate interoffice communication on error and denial trends
* Initiate the review/appeals process on disputed claims
* Research credit balances and initiate refunds as required
* Document all activity in customer's computer account
* Answer Accounts Receivable phone inquiries
* Work assigned RBCO reports
* Available to assist other PACs with questions or collection needs
* Acts as liaison between staff and management
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
* Has at least 3yrs and/or knowledge equivalent experience
* Past performance shows solid evidence of insurance qualifications and guidelines
* Knowledge of telephone etiquette and adequate oral and written communication skills
* Shows effective multi-tasking skills
* Positive and cooperative attitude in working and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
* Knowledge of medical field preferred
Lincare offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V