Patient Account Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you motivated by being part of a team and working with others?
Are you looking for a position with room to grow and develop?
Lincare is a dynamic, growing company with over 1,000 locations in 48 states. Lincare employs over 14,000 people who share our corporate vision for quality care and service. Lincare offers competitive compensation and benefits and employment opportunities exist throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
* Obtain payer requirements for timely adjudication of claims.
* File claims with appropriate documentation attached.
* Contact payers for claims status or to follow-up denials or partial payments.
* Process all incoming and outgoing correspondence as assigned.
* Verify, adjust, update Accounts Receivable (A/R) according to correspondence received from insurance company.
* Initiate the review/appeals process on disputed claims.
* Research credit balances and initiate refunds as required.
* Document all activity in customer's computer account.
* Answer Accounts Receivable phone inquiries.
* Work accounting reports to target aged accounts in order to meet and maintain performance targets as set by management.
* Work in close communication with Up Front Review (UFR).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE- High school diploma or equivalent. One to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education/experience. Knowledge of medical field preferred. Computer literacy, minimum keyboarding skills, and proficiency in the use of office equipment required for performance of assigned duties. Knowledge of telephone etiquette and adequate oral and written communication skills are of primary importance for success in this position.
REASONING ABILITY- The skills and abilities required for this position includes a positive and cooperative manner in working and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization. This person should be self-directed and possess the ability to follow instructions.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V