Patient Account Representative_ Billing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONMission Statement
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The Patient Financial Services Representative is knowledgeable of payer regulations, as it relates to his/her area of billing responsibility to ensure compliance with billing regulations. The Patient Financial Services Representative will ensure accurate and timely submission and follow up on inpatient and outpatient claims.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Maintains patient confidentiality as it is described in the HIPAA Privacy Act.
* Submits timely, accurate and compliant claims by utilizing the billing software.
* Timely follow up on all unpaid claims until resolution.
* Resolves credit balance accounts.
* Ensures payments received match contracted rates.
* Identifies and reports any billing system or payer issues to the Patient Financial Services System Analyst or Manager, as appropriate.
* Identifies new or updated billing regulations and notifies the Patient Financial Services System Analyst and Manager.
* Assist patients with payment options by explaining and offering alternative funding options.
* Serve as liaison between the hospitals departments and patients with questions.
* Prepares and maintains essential billing information in Microsoft Excel for cost reporting requirements.
* Assists in identifying additional educational opportunities for training of registration staff with billing regulations/requirements.
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for verification of inpatient admissions, along with notification to the patient/guarantor of provider participation and benefits.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* High school education or equivalent; associates degree preferred.
* Three to five years experience rehabilitation hospital medical billing.
* Knowledge of third party billing regulations.
* Proficient time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to problem-solve and work effectively as a team member.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)