Patient Accounts Supervisor II-Insurance Billing/Collections 8/22/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Named one of the nation's top academic medical centers and one of the "Best places to work" in Kansas City, TMC is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Health Sciences and is particularly distinguished for its care in asthma, bariatrics, diabetes, women's health, and trauma services. TMC is a two-hospital, combined 354-bed not-for-profit hospital, which is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Kansas City,Missouri. As a comprehensive, multi-faceted, not-for-profit health care system, TMC serves all patient demographics, regardless of the ethnic or socioeconomic background.
Supervises the functions, activities and staff of the Patient Accounts billing or follow-up unit, for two hospitals. Coordinates training and workflow of employees. Coordinates quality assurance and monitoring of billing and collection processes to facilitate payment for services in a manner that is compliant with regulatory guidelines. Supervises customer service and self pay collection processes. Hires, trains, counsels and disciplines direct reports. Works under the general direction of Manager of Billing or Manager of Collection and Cashiering.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* BA degree required, or the equivalent knowledge obtained from experience and other schooling
* Three years of hospital billing or third party follow-up experience a must
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to maintain effective working relationships with staff and other departments
* Must have computer knowledge in Word and Excel
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of billing procedures, regulations, and electronic filing of claims and problem solving
* Prefer experience in a position requiring independent function and/or supervisory responsibilities in a healthcare setting.
8:00AM - 4:30PM