Patient Affairs Coordinator-Orthopedic Sugarland
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Patient Affairs Coordinator I performs physician office appointment scheduling, registration, and check in and check out functions to facilitate the patient visit and timely, accurate claims submission. May perform charge entry functions for physician office as needed. The Coordiantor communications to patients, physicians and management of issues that may result in service delays or denials.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. Please include estimated % weighting for each Pillar.
1. Contributes to a customer service orientation throughout the Practice. Consistently assists patients in a friendly, courteous manner.
2. Takes accurate messages and ensures timely delivery to recipient. Seeks advice and direction as needed to facilitate patient care delivery.
3. Obtains and inputs accurate scheduling and registration data to initiate financial clearance activities.
1. . Maintains ICARE values and confidentiality in all communications.
2. Responds promptly to requests by staff, patients, and physicians. Performs daily job duties timely and accurately and within policy and procedure.
3. Contributes to patient, employee and physician satisfaction as well as effective revenue cycle process.
4. Ensures on-stage areas are organized, uncluttered, and in compliance with system policy
1. Complies with business practice standards and policies of department and organization.
2. Responsible for managing the flow of patients. Provides appropriate notification of issues that may result in service delays or denials.
4. Keeps open channels of communication with physician, patient, and service areas regarding action taken and resolution.
1. Accurately records information during charge entry, registration, scheduling, or obtaining authorizations or referrals to ensure financial objectives are met.
2. Educates patients and others regarding billing processes and potential financial responsibilities.
3. Conducts front end revenue cycle duties per protocol.
1. Accountable for ongoing professional growth and development.
2. Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility during changing demands.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
1 year experience in a strong customer service environment, healthcare related preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Please add additional knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions.
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Strong customer service, phone and scheduling skills.
Knowledge of insurance requirements for physician visits and procedures preferred.
Normal office environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.