Patient Billing Advocate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION The Patient Billing Adocate will work with insurance companies and customers to ensure medical claims are submitted, processed, and paid accurately. This role is expected to meet and/or exceed daily/weekly goals and will carry out Inogen's core values.
Our Billing team is focused on continuous improvement so we welcome deep thinkers who analyze the root cause and recommend corrective action.
Are you a go-getter, energetic, and persuasive individual that enjoys problem solving* Have you spent 1-3 years in the healthcare billing arena* If that is you, let us know!
* A comprehensive understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance program rules as it pertainss to DME billing.
* Ability to take direction and communicate effectively with customers and employees at all level of organization.
* Excellent computer skills including Excel, and Word.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamically changing organization.
Do you possess these abilities*
* Handles order intake for Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance payers within an agreed upon service level timeframe.
* Ensures the billing of all claims via electronic or paper to Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance payers are being submitted accurately and timely in accordance with Inogen's billing procedures, this includes resolving any rejections involving payer file errors
* Verifies and evaluates insurance benefits to determine the policy's compatibility with Inogen's services
* Obtains all required authorizations timely in order to bill claims to the insurance payers
* Daily review of manual and system hold reasons, ensuring that all required information and/or documentation is obtained to release from hold and billed to the correct payer
* Responsible for assisting our patients, doctors, and other staff with billing inquiries at the highest level support possible.
* Ensure the timely procurement of all required documentation for successful order entry, and review for completeness, accuracy, and acceptability per Inogen's policies and procedures.
* Ensures that appropriate medical records are maintained according to HIPPA guidelines
* Ensures Inogen's compliance with all state and federal regulations
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimun of 2 years of Medicare and/or Private Insurance billing experience required, oxygen and/or HME billing experience a plus.
* Associates degree preferred
* Excellent computer skills required
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen's offices has a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan * 401 (K) plan available for all employees * Health, dental, vision insurance * Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program * Life Insurance * Long Term Disability * Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays * Employee Assistance Program
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people\'s lives
See the Inogen Team in action:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.