Patient Care Tech - CNA - Medical Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides functions of the Unit Secretary position (clerical support, order transcription, and customer service) and patient care by collaborating with Nursing staff and other health care team members to provide optimum, quality patient care. The PCT works under the direct supervision of the RN and provides direct patient care (activities of daily living).
* Promotes mission, vision, and values of ESJH and Exempla Healthcare.
* Actively fulfills Best in the Nation goals.
* Maintains clean unit, work space, and patients environment per regulatory and hospital requirements.
* Demonstrates safe care within the clerical and patient care functions.
* Communicates with all members of the healthcare team and patients and families, both in-person and via telephone.
* Documents in accordance with regulatory, hospital, and unit guidelines.
* Organizational and prioritization skills.
* Proficient key boarding and computer skills.
* Handling of patient biomedical equipment.
* Receives delegation from RN and/ or charge nurse
* Contributes to patient plan of care through active review of patient charts for medical orders and through delivery of safe activities of daily living.
* Assists physicians and RNs by provision of information or other duties
* Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intradepartmentally to facilitate that departments/units ability to meet its goals and objectives.
* Admission and discharge of patients.
* Certified Nursing Assistant licensed in Colorado by DORA, required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association, required
* One year experience as a C.N.A in an acute hospital setting highly desired
* Will consider experience on a sub-acute unit in an LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) facility