Patient Care Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 2/17/2017
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Cardiac Direct Access Unit (C-DAc) is a new concept designed to provide efficient and effective moderate intensity cardiovascular care. Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, you will be supporting the processes to deliver timely and extraordinary care to cardiovascular patients co-located in an environment to promote highly coordinated care. The patient space includes 6 cardiac observation beds, visit rooms for urgent outpatient care, specialized cardiac testing and routine clinic space.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 17840BR
JOB SUMMARY: Collaborates with a nursing team to provide quality patient care.
* Collaborates with a registered nurse on developing a patient's care plan.
* Develops and maintains competencies as delegated by a registered nurse, including sterile dressing changes.
* Maintains the safety of patients who have been identified at risk for preventable injury by the implementation of nursing safety interventions or the use of protective devices/equipment under the supervision of the registered nurse.
* Reports all patient activity to the registered nurse in a timely manner.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Patient care experience required through any of the following areas:
CNA, MA, EMT, PCT certificate or currently enrolled nursing student who has completed at least one clinical rotation.
Completion of BIDMC in-house training program. Allied Health and Physician Assistant program candidates. Home Health Aide. * Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.