Patient Care Unit or Med Surg Unit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for PATIENT CARE UNIT OR MED SURG UNIT MANAGER for our client in ALLIANCE, NE
JOB TITLE: PATIENT CARE UNIT OR MED SURG UNIT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: ALLIANCE, NE
JOB TYPE: REGULAR FULL TIME
* RequiredPatient Care Unit or Med Surg Unit Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* This position is responsible for leadership and supervision of the nursing staff in departments of responsibility.
* The position manages Patient Care Unit, Nursery, Labor/Delivery/Postpartum, Swingbed.
* The position oversees implementing and complying with the nursing standards of care; overseeing patient care in multiple units with patients of all ages newborns to elderly; scheduling of employees, hiring employees, employee evaluations, time and attendance oversight, budgeting, participating in the nursing management team, discipline and supervising nursing department clinical staff members and house supervisor, and participating in the hospital's performance improvement program.
* The Clinical Nurse Manager provides support, direction and resource for the clinical nursing staff.
* The Clinical Nurse Manager provides supplemental staffing to clinical areas if needed.
* The Clinical Nurse Manager makes daily rounds in each department to determine unmet needs, provide necessary tools and support, interact with patients and nursing staff, and offer employee mentoring and coaching.
* The Clinical Nurse Manager acts as a resource person and works directly with the House Supervisor.
* The position requires an experienced acute care registered nurse with innovated ideals flexibility, effective leadership, excellent communication abilities and relationship building skills.
* The Clinical Nurse Manager must build close ties with the medical staff members and be available to problem solve and work through conflicts to help improve care delivery.
* Preferred:Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or a related field
* License/Certifications: Current State of Nebraska
* Registered Nurse License, Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for healthcareworkers.
* Preferred: TNCC, PALS, Emergency Nurse Certification (national), NRP, ALSO (Advanced Life Support Obstetrics)
* Required: Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6months of employment
* Experience: Five or more years of varied acute care nursing experience as a Registered Nurse.
* Two or more years of supervisory or management experience.
* Preferred: Clinical competence in three or more clinical areas (ICU, ER, OR, Med-Surg, or OB)
* ACLS, BLS
* Nursing Manager/Director