Patient Experience Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, the Manager of Patient Experience will drive Horizons patient experience strategy, including the development, prioritization and execution of initiatives that will improve the member/patient experience.
* Identify,recommend, and execute high impact opportunities for patient experience initiatives at key stages of the Horizon member journey, particularly when our members are interacting with healthcare providers.
* Leads the creation of detailed end-state blueprint designs for patient experience. Working with customer insights, analytics and key business partners in the MBU, HCM and Service, identifies relevant strategies necessary for improving the member/patient experience.
* Design initiatives in a manner which ensures that flawless execution is possible. Collaborate across Horizon and with key network provider partners to design and implement new experiences that improve satisfaction and drive loyalty toward Horizon.
* Identify, define and measure key performance indicators for various initiatives and monitor progress of those initiatives. Present findings and recommendations to leadership.
* Lead cross-functional teams to develop consumer-facing capabilities and provide relevant content knowledge to inform overall program design.
* Provide education and guidance to multiple levels of professional staff related to member/patient experience, including the development of new approaches.
* The information above is intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to this position. This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of each incumbent.
* Requires in depth understanding of consumer motivation and behavior and the ability to identify, design, develop and lead programs to increase member/patient engagement and satisfaction. The incumbent will work closely with the rest of the Customer Experience team to ensure that the patient experience strategy aligns with the companys overall experience strategy and focuses on key areas that will increase differentiation, satisfaction and loyalty.
* Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
* Masters degree preferred.
* Requires a background in consumer experience, consumer insights, and/or marketing in a healthcare provider setting is a plus.
* Requires least seven to ten years (7 - 10) of experience within healthcare and/or consumer packaged goods industries and will have demonstrated the ability to develop new strategies and implement programs to drive business growth.
* Requires ability to work with all levels within the organization, and will also require close collaboration with key network provider partners (hospitals and physician practices).
* Previous experience in satisfaction research and operational quality improvements.
* A proven track record delivering organizational results through people.
* Experience coordinating teams and new initiatives.
* Strong leadership presence.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to build strategic working relationships.
* Strong business acumen.
* Strong strategic and analytical skills.
* Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions.
* Has the knowledge and ability to use measurement tools, integrate data, and prepare meaningful reports.
* Able to lead cross functional teams in designing and implementing initiatives.
* Provide consistent, clear and timely communication to teams on goals, tasks and progress toward those goals.
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law..