Patient Fin Svc Assoc II - Fin CBO So Region Phys Bill
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
* Summary of Position Description
This is the second level of a revenue cycle career path within PFS. Responsible for all facets of patient accounting including the appropriate billing, cash posting, cash reconciliation, refund processing and follow up of patient insurance claims within filing limits to support proper account completion and closure prior to 120 days post patient discharge or date of service. Works within a team based setting and ensures that workloads are distributed evenly. Responsible to perform the necessary account research required to determine proper governmental requirements prior to any claims submission and repayment of receipts. Supports the overall success of Patient Financial Services by demonstrating flexibility, collaboration and cooperation in a High Performance Work Team (HPWT) environment while, maintaining a high level of production and service quality. Continues to gain knowledge in all areas of Patient Financial Services to follow the MaineHealth growth path.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Education: High School graduate or GED.
* Experience: 9 months in a related Healthcare Field. Hospital or Provider Based billing experience preferred.
* 2.Able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Proficiencies:Keyboard and data entry skills required. Computer experience is required with Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, and internet communication, as well as the ability to work effectively with electronic work quality monitoring and electronic systems.
* Requires the employee to have experience with or the capability to be trained to solve problems and work towards solutions in an independent and/or team manner.
* Proven Proficiency in working a minimum of one role (billing or validation or collections) for one payer (hospital) or one specialty (physician) or proficiency in performing all duties required for cash posting (both manual and electronic) or refunds for all payers: hospitals or physicians.
* Specialized Knowledge: Hospital or Provider Based billing, cash posting or refunds preferred.
* Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD9/10 codes.
Patient Fin Svc Assoc II Fin CBO So Region Phys Bill