Patient Handling Tech - Bed Repair
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Universal Hospital Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Patient Handling Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on UHS and customer-owned beds, stretchers and related patient handling equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers needs. The Patient Handling Technician performs operational verification, preventive maintenance and corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner.
Technician is responsible for delivery and equipment management tasks for a district office, including customer delivery and pick-up of medical equipment; processing, cleaning, inspecting and testing equipment; and inventory maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* 21 years of age or older, with high school diploma or equivalent.
* Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
* Mechanical Aptitude
* Military training or Associate s degree in an Applied Science preferred
* Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance and repair service on electro-mechanical equipment.
* Understanding of regulatory agencies requirements.
* Business management understanding to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
* Familiar with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, weights, etc.).
* Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
* Valid driver s license.
* Willing to travel periodically to support business.
* Basic computer skills.
* Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
* Valid driver s license and potential for DOT certification.
* Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
* Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
* Possesses quality orientation with a get it right the first time attitude.
* Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
* Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
* Flexible, coachable.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
* Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
* Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental, and customer policies and regulations.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Customer-focused: willing to go above and beyond.
PRACTICAL SKILLS (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
* Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
* Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
* Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
* Provides cost effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration and repair service on patient handling equipment.
* Delivers a quality service and meets productivity objectives and targets.
* Shares information with all team members to improve ability to service customers and define opportunities for the district team.
* Completes all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
* Inspects, cleans and tests patient handling equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.
* Safely loads, secures and delivers medical equipment to customers.
* Completes and maintains DOT certification, according to location-specific needs.
* Educates and engages customers at the time of delivery, detailing customers on the features and functionality of the equipment,
* Retrieves equipment from customer locations, safely transporting the equipment back to the UHS office.
* Ships and receives medical equipment and supplies.
* Assists with inventory management.
* Resolves customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Assists in patient handling equipment training as needed.
* Performs other assigned duties.
* Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs.
* Serves as part of training team for other members in Division/Region.
* Demonstrates a high level of sales aptitude with customers, and identifies and brings opportunities to review as part of the territory planning process.
* Possesses strong customer interfacing skills based on relationships established with accounts.
* Serves as a lead for key accounts (e.g., accounts using patient handling and negative pressure wound therapy services).
* Serves as a peer advisor to employees. Orients, trains and assigns and checks other employees work, as appropriate.
* Serves as a subject matter expert for key projects in the office (e.g, quality indicator scores, inventory, accounts receivables).
* Places internal requisitions and assists with inventory management of replacement parts.
* Able to retrieve and use information to support technical services and the repair of fleet equipment to improve utilization.
* Develops other personnel in the district office (cross and lateral training).
* Considered a subject matter expert with district offices around equipment management tasks, policies and procedures.
* Works with the Trade Desk on sales and buyout opportunities.
* Able to perform district office audits.
* Able to complete manufacturer service calls (mechanical, not technical) and all necessary documentation.
* Able to in-service patient handling devices to clinical staff.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Memphis - Hospital site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Patient Handling Technician
Universal Hospital Services