Patient Hospitality Service Rep (SEIU), Food and Nutrition (40Hrs Rotating Day/Eves)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OPPORTUNITY
PATIENT HOSPITALITY SERVICE REP (SEIU), FOOD AND NUTRITION (40HRS ROTATING DAY/EVES)
JOB ID 2986021 DATE POSTED 09/09/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Under general supervision the Patient Hospitality Service Representative is responsible to transport, operate and maintain the Retherm (thermal trays) cart and its companion cart, provide individualized meal service to every patient, assemble patient meal trays following diet orders ensuring diet accuracy. Consult with nursing staff to maintain accurate patient information. Collect patient meal trays. Follow established sanitation procedures for cleaning the Retherm Cart, companion cart, serving utensils, trays, dishes and miscellaneous items used on the cart. Maintain and deliver nourishment supplies as ordered to patient floor units. Follow established guidelines for food items in patient units. Record food, refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily to ensure food safety.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Must have a minimum of two years' experience in a food service /customer service environment. Patient feeding experience with all age groups and diet experience preferred.
* Must possess knowledge of basic principles of nutrition, diets, recipes, food preparation and service.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English. Ability to interact and communicate with patients, medical staff, dietary staff, and able to follow accurately diet orders.
* Must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills with a background in customer or patient service.
* Must be able to follow the standards of federal, state and local regulatory agencies requirements for sanitation, food preparation and handling.
* Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and transport the meal cart to unit floors for meal service without assistance. Must have sufficient dexterity to handle food and equipment efficiently and safely. Position requires incumbent to walk and stand 95% of the time while engaged in job routine activities.