This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Acts as advocate for patient issues and participates in the resolution of problems and communication of procedures, services, etc. to maximize patient and family satisfaction.
Act as Patient Liaison, under the supervision of the Manager of Guest Relations Administration, between The Houston Methodist Hospital administration and patients, physicians, and other hospital personnel to ensure a satisfying hospital experience for patients from admission through discharge. As patient advocates, the liaisons enable patients and their families to obtain solutions to problems by acting on their behalf. Liaisons take 24-hour call as assigned. This position functions strictly as a liaison and does not participate in hands-on patient care.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Meet all new patients (may accomplish with volunteer assistance).
2. Directs patients and/or families to appropriate resources when specific requests are made; for example Medical Power of Attorney; Directives; End of Life issues.
3. Creates cooperative formal and informal working relationships with other departments and medical staff.
4. Interacts with patients, families and visitors, providing support and problem solving. Consults with Senior Patient Liaisons when problems arise that require an additional level of experience.
5. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values.
1. Interviews patients who have stated a specific need for services. Provides information about services offered by the hospital. Interprets hospital policies and procedures as needed to ensure that the patient understands the types and levels of services provided.
2. Documents and reports the results of patient interviews; including satisfaction or obstacles to delivery of services.
3. Assigns priority to patient requests and problems and follows the process through to resolution, notifying all parties of status of solution.
4. With guidance from Senior Patient Liaisons, and department management, the liaison follows through on issues identified, solving problems directly or facilitating the resolution of problems to the satisfaction of the patient and the institution.
1. Receives grievances, complaints, and concerns from patients, their families and others; works with patients and families along with unit management for resolution. Responds to all grievances according to the HMH grievance policy and appropriate regulatory guidelines.
2. Document grievances, complaints and compliments in the Midas database. When appropriate a corrective action is initiated and sent to the unit management for investigation and resolution.
3. Follows safety rules and reports accidents and hazards immediately to management and peers.
1. Identify cost savings or revenue opportunities.
1. Participates in department projects and process improvement initiatives.
2. Generates and communicates ideas and suggestions that improve quality or service.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degree required
3 to 5 years experience as a patient liaison or comparable health care/customer service/conflict resolution experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
CPR helpful - not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Please add additional knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have excellent communications skills and be able to relate to patients, families, hospital staff, and Guest Relations Administration staff.
2. Must be able to work with people of various age groups and cultural backgrounds.
3. Ability to accurately document information and maintain records.
4. Must have excellent problem resolution and crisis management skills.
5. Critical thinking, problem-solving, and mature judgment required
6. Ability to express ideas effectively; both in speech and writing
7. Basic to intermediate level of computer competency Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledge of health care information systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.