Patient Liaison - Lakewood (Part-Time mid-day/shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Lees Summit, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Patient Liaison navigates the medical system, then informs, counsels and helps patients and their families understand the results. Acts as an advocate for all patients, family members and guests by investigating and responding to questions and concerns in a non-judgmental and sensitive manner with all parties concerned. Is empathetic, patient and a good communicator. The Patient Liaison actively participates in evaluating complaint/grievance data and processes for improvement. The Patient Liaison also works with leadership and department managers and directors to develop behavioral care plans and customer service training plans to aid in a positive patient experience. The Patient Liaison demonstrates the consistent ability to maintain confidentiality and utilize the "minimum necessary" rule. In addition to having the ability to think critically in order to prioritize cases to determine the best course of action and when to escalate concerns on a case by cases bases.
1. Ability to provide caring and helpful attitude when interacting with internal and external contacts. Ability to build cooperative partnerships by treating each person, both inside and outside of the organization, as a customer.
2. Demonstrates ability to identify special needs of patients with concerns.
3. Able to foster an environment where patients feel comfortable in bringing forth complaints and/or concerns.
4. Ability to deal with diverse and stressful situations in a calm manner.
5. Ability to perform duties with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
6. Ability to communicate professionally, verbally and in writing.
7. Good organizational skills.
8. Basic computer knowledge to perform job functions.
9. Ability to display a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with internal and external contacts.
10. Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations relative to the position.
11. Knowledge of patient rights.
12. Associates Degree in Psychology or related field, Bachelors preferred.
1. Bachelor s Degree in Psychology or related field.
2. Bi-lingual competency.
3. Experience in a psychiatric hospital setting.
4. Familiar with computer software programs, including Excel and Access.
5. Competency in report writing and graphs and table creation.
10:30AM - 2:30PM