Patient Representative II - Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Processes and enters charge information into database. Completes billing process and distributes billing information. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. May prepare checks for deposits.
1. Responsible for accurately processing charge tickets as patients exit the clinic. Review tickets for accuracy and completeness, determine appropriate fees for services rendered, calculate totals, collect appropriate amount from patients, properly record information. May be responsible for posting hospital charges or other satellite services. Utilizes correct ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding methods to determine the proper code for the services rendered.
2. May be required to maintain appropriate levels of cash and balance cash drawer per company procedure.
3. Processes payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
4. Responsible for cross-checking tickets and correcting all detected errors; notifies supervisor and patient of corrections. Reconciles daily charge tickets within established guidelines.
5. Refers patients to supervisor or Accounts Receivable representative for clarification or discussion of account and/or payment terms, within the guidelines of the collections policy.
6. May participate with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or the account is turned over for collection. This will be performed within the guidelines of the collections policies.
7. Operation and maintenance of credit and collection equipment and supplies inventory. Maintains appropriate supply inventory.
8. The following duties may also be performed:
a. Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
b. Maintains appointment book, either manually or electronically, and follows office scheduling policies.
c. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
d. Files charts, coordinates lab work, provider's report, etc. Places transcription in appropriate medical record accurately and in a timely manner; tracks transcription to insure that dictation is transcribed and properly located in the correct medical record.
e. Assists supervisor with other administrative duties such as preparing check requests, calculating associate cards, etc.
9. Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
10. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
11. Maintains strict confidentiality.
12. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
13. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
14. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
15. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
16. Performs other related work as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of billing experience, including ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding in a health care organization. Knowledge of managed care preferred. Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential.