Patient Resource Specialist 22058
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAssists patients in achieving the best possible health outcome by facilitating access to American Cancer Society patient programs as well as community resources to assist with cancer-related needs such as transportation, lodging, and support. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with field staff, volunteers, vendors and health care systems.
• Helps patients complete treatment protocol by removing barriers to care and connecting to appropriate transportation, lodging and other resources.
• Systematically researches options and provides patients, caregivers and families with information regarding ACS programs and services, and other local and national cancer-related resources using approved data sources.
• Coordinates ACS transportation, lodging and support programs.
• Provides courteous, timely and professional service to all internal and external customers/constituents, including patients, survivors, caregivers, health care professionals, volunteers and field staff partners.
• Interacts with vendors, volunteers, health systems, patients and staff as needed to ensure needs are met.
• Captures complete patient information and documents interaction in the constituent database, including identification and documentation of unmet needs.
• Escalates complex issues to the appropriate knowledgeable resource.
• Meets established quality and productivity goals for individuals and the Patient Service Center.
• Adheres to all American Cancer Society privacy and confidentiality requirements.
• Supports and collaborates with team members to achieve goals and outcomes related to the American Cancer Society Mission and Nationwide Priorities.
• Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
• Contact center and/or customer service experience desirable.
• Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) desirable.
• Exposure to medical terminology, social services programs or non-profit health organizations preferred.
• Effective problem solving and crisis resolution skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
• Strong time management skills with attention to detail and an ability to effectively prioritize a high workload.
• Remains composed and professional under stress and takes responsibility for delivering on personal and organizational commitments.
• Basic keyboard skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
• Independent self-starter with ability to employ sound judgment and solid decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.