Patient Services Assistant - PRN
Alere - Fort Lauderdale, FLThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Alere Alere
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Within the Woman's and Children's Department at Alere, we are looking for someone to work in our busy office on an as needed basis. Responsibilities include: general office skills, PC knowledge, data entry, communication w/clinical staff, medical record mgmt, filing, familiarity w/ most office equipment, professional telephone manner, ability to multi-task and give excellent customer service. Must understand medical terminology.
* Provides secretarial services to clinicians and management.
* Performs all clerical, administrative, and general office duties involving typing, data entry, record and file maintenance, mail distribution, and telephone reception frequently of a confidential nature within the OB department.
* Work is performed under general supervision, and requires incumbent to exercise some independence.
* Requires knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft Office.
* Ability to read and interpret instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Rotating weekends & holidays
- Basic Computer Skills to include keyboarding, mouse, internet usage.
- Ability to use internal computer programs/platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to understand usage and manage all Patient Equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone skills showing ability to maintain a courteous, competent, and professional image when communicating over the telephone.
- Ability to prepare and send completed reports and paperwork in a timely and organized manner.
- Previous office experience preferred
- Basic computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office [Word and Excel] and Email
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
We value teamwork, accountability and trust. If you share these values and have a commitment to excellence and innovation, join the Alere team! To apply, visit www.alerecareers.com
Alere LLC is an equal employment/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.