Patient Services Assistant - PRN
Alere - Fort Lauderdale, FL
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Within the Woman's and Children's Department at Alere, we are looking for someone to work in our busy office on an as needed basis. Responsibilities include: general office skills, PC knowledge, data entry, communication w/clinical staff, medical record mgmt, filing, familiarity w/ most office equipment, professional telephone manner, ability to multi-task and give excellent customer service. Must understand medical terminology.
* Provides secretarial services to clinicians and management.
* Performs all clerical, administrative, and general office duties involving typing, data entry, record and file maintenance, mail distribution, and telephone reception frequently of a confidential nature within the OB department.
* Work is performed under general supervision, and requires incumbent to exercise some independence.
* Requires knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft Office.
* Ability to read and interpret instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Rotating weekends & holidays
- Basic Computer Skills to include keyboarding, mouse, internet usage.
- Ability to use internal computer programs/platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to understand usage and manage all Patient Equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone skills showing ability to maintain a courteous, competent, and professional image when communicating over the telephone.
- Ability to prepare and send completed reports and paperwork in a timely and organized manner.
- Previous office experience preferred
- Basic computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office [Word and Excel] and Email
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
We value teamwork, accountability and trust. If you share these values and have a commitment to excellence and innovation, join the Alere team! To apply, visit www.alerecareers.com
Alere LLC is an equal employment/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.